- Triage and transfer phone calls.
- Respond quickly to emails, phone calls, inquiries, and questions. Interface with external and internal sources to ensure optimal courtesy and efficiency of service.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information, measure vitals, perform x-rays, physicals, immunizations, PFT’s, EKG’s, DS and BAT screening.
- Inform providers of company specific instructions before they see patient.
- Determine patients’ x-ray needs by reading requests or instructions from physicians.
- Explain procedures to patients to reduce anxieties and obtain their full cooperation.
- Prepare and set up x-ray room for patient.
- Position x-ray equipment and adjust controls to properly set exposure factors.
- Position patient on exam table and set up and adjust equipment to obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by physician.
- Process exposed radiographs.
- Back office: Room patients and collect vitals.
- Perform injections, dispense medications, DME and other requests from providers.
- Responsible for transfer of patient care.
- Maintain clean exam rooms.
- Review patient medical record to assure that all needed test results, forms, and reports are available to physician/provider.
- Scan all charts upon patient checkout.
- Enter patient DMV information online and email certificate to employer.
- Scan specialist reports/medical records and attach them in the Systoc on the same day.
- Scan physicals and screenings and attach them in the Systoc upon exam completion.
- Verify diagnosis codes on work status forms.
- Verify all charges, medications, and supplies are captured and billed on a same day.
- Complete appointment reminders.
- Email missed appointments / cancellations and reschedule.
- Create cancellation letters and email to employer.
- Ensure all physicals and screenings are sent as soon as they are scanned (fax, email).
- Complete daily x-ray log.
- Attach all x-rays to Systoc daily.
- Follow all x-ray guidelines and Title 17 requirements.
- Maintain daily Medication Inventory.
- Ensure medicine cabinet is locked at all times.
- Assure that supplies such as lead shields, calipers, films, positioning sponges, requisition materials, or other required equipment are present and in working order.
- Order all DME and Medical Supplies.
- Process medical records and subpoenas.
- Maintain all licenses and equipment calibration.
- Assist front office as needed.
- Always ensure HIPPA compliance.
- Follow and read company policy.
- Complete any and all other job duties as requested by management.
- Job duties may change to meet clinic needs.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Accurate data entry
- Minimum of 1-year post-graduate experience working as a licensed X-ray technician.
- Certified Medical Assistant with minimum 2 years experience.
- Must be fully competent in the task of preparing and taking X-rays.
- Understanding of the concepts of universal precautions, HIPAA and OSHA.
- Professional appearance at all times.
- Warm, friendly attitude with excellent patient interaction skills.
- Team player.
- Adaptable in different situations.
- Able to multi-task and work independently.
- Must be flexible with hours/shifts.
- CPR and AED Certified.
- Knowledge of Medical terminology
- Experience in Occupational Medicine.
This job operates in a clinical and office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The ability to stand and sit for hours at a time, (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.