- Plans, directs, coordinates, and supervises all physical therapy program activities to ensure that patient and company goals are met.
- Demonstrate accountability for and contribution to company-wide program development, quality improvement, problem solving, productivity enhancement and profitability in a cross departmental and interdisciplinary environment.
- Responsible for the organization and implementation of comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic programs.
- Manages a number of patients at the same time with high energy and organization.
- Coordinate treatment activity between disciplines and team members.
- Assures that all patient care activities are performed according to the company policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal laws and regulatory agencies.
- Provide continuous communication with referring physicians and other referral sources.
- Collaborate with and report to the executive leadership team to ensure all operations are functioning at the highest level and support any projects, activities, and responsibilities that further the progress of the company.
- Promotes positive employee relations by facilitating an atmosphere of open communication and problem solving.
- Responsible for conducting performance appraisals of physical therapy personnel.
- Investigates, follows up and assists in the resolution of physical therapy staff and patient-related issues as requested.
- Monitor team members competency, licenses/certifications, and memberships in applicable professional organizations.
- Coordinate the development of team members through structured activities.
- Perform initial Physical Therapy evaluation and determine the type and frequency of treatment necessary.
- Develop a plan of treatment with short and long-term goals and adjust to patient’s progress.
- Complete written documentation including evaluations, progress reports, and discharges in a timely manner.
- Identifies impairments, functional limitations and disability based on examination data.
- One on one treatment to improve motor development, strength, range of motion, endurance, balance, coordination, gait difficulties, and agility.
- Administer or prescribe modalities and other physical agents.
- Make recommendations regarding the use of braces and other related support appliances.
- Document patient care / treatment sessions in accordance with ProCare, regulatory, licensing, payor and accrediting requirements in a timely manner.
- Maintain patient records for clinical use, medical records use, billing use, physicians review, etc.
- Provides education to patient, family, and/or caregiver regarding purpose of activity, use of equipment, home exercise, and activity.
- Communicate patient needs, diagnosis, and course of treatment to the patient, Company, as well as other clinical staff.
- Regularly reassesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progression towards goals, and the need for modification of treatment and/or goals.
- Discharge patients from physical therapy services when skilled therapy is no longer medically necessary and when clinically appropriate.
- Instruct and educate patients about home exercises and discharge instructions.
- Routinely takes usual and special precautions relative to the age, medical history and condition of the patient, and the type of treatment being given.
- May delegate a portion of the treatment plan to appropriate supportive personnel and ensure accuracy of delegated work.
- Handle telephone calls about services rendered from company accounts, patients, physicians, as well as other staff.
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ensure that other treating medical professionals have the necessary information to appropriately evaluate the patient.
- Act as a consultant and resource person to staff on physical therapy matters.
- Attends rehabilitation-specific clinical education coursework, providing well-organized, informative in-services, and incorporate information into practice. In-services to meet the guidelines of California Board of Physical Therapy.
- Works in cooperation with management to ensure proper safety, maintenance, and levels of equipment and supplies.
- Works in partnership with management to complete all mandatory compliance requirements.
- May be involved in the clinical competency of PT Assistants and PT Aides.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new
- legislation; anticipating future legislation; and enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Ensure HIPPA compliance at all times.
- Read and follow company policy.
- Job duties may change to meet clinic needs.
- Complete any and all other job duties related to physical therapy as requested by management.
Candidate must have strong analytical and clinical skills.
Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse patient base, co-workers, management, and outside contacts (vendors, physicians, etc.).
Ability to examine processes, policies, problems, and offer solutions.
Adept in working in a team environment to help ensure quality patient care for the clinic as a whole
Detail Oriented.Collaboration Skills.
- Completion of an accredited Physical Therapy training program with a Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy.
- Must possess current unrestricted Physical Therapy licensure to practice in California.
- Proven exceptional Manual Therapy and Soft Tissue Mobilization skills.
- A track record of successful management experience and successful patient care experience is preferred.
- Demonstrates professional competence and clinical reasoning in assessing patient's condition at the onset and through all phases of skilled physical therapy.
- Ability to work flexible hours and possible weekends.
- Candidate must have strong knowledge of OSHA regulations and workplace health and safety concepts.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with EMR.
- National Provider Identification Number (NPI).
- CPR and AED certified.
- Professional appearance at all times.
- Warm, friendly attitude with excellent patient interaction skills.
- Team player.
- Adaptable in different situations.
- Able to multi-task and work independently.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment such as scanners, electronic faxing, iPad, copy machine, etc.
- Experience in Occupational Medicine.
This job operates in a clinical and office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The ability to stand and sit for hours at a time, (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.